+implanted : what did you do with it ?

• 4 Replies
+implanted : what did you do with it ?
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:00:38 AM »
Dunno why but the implanted tag caught my eye first time I read the book and I'm a little bit sad that the only stuff in the playbook using it is the Skinner's tattoo.

I know — there's dust and sand and shit and surgery is deadly nowadays, but hey, Angels and Savvyheads are weird and can manage stuff like that. Me, I'd like to throw in some high-tech compound somewhere on the map, a place with white plastic corridors running underneath the earth, with AI and nanostuff and shit, where the Battlebabe can be grafted a gauss rifle in her own left arm.

So anyway, people, did you use that damn tag for something other than Dune's tattoos and for what, pray tell ?

Re: +implanted : what did you do with it ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:53:37 AM »
So, no one, huh ? My little heart aches. Implanted is the shit, the best tag ever, and you all don't deserve it.

One of these days, me and Implanted we're gonna steal the family car and run to Canada together, and you'll be sorry.

elkin

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »
Well, to be frank, I never got to use descriptive tags when making new crap. My players have been more than content with the default variety of weapons, and whenever they got new crap, we never felt the need to tag it - if it's a strange high-tech helmet, everyone in the group knows it's +worn. Once your eyes fall out and it sends sticky black tendrils into your empty, bleeding eye sockets, everyone knows it's +implanted. None of us felt any particular need to set it out in writing.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »
We had nanotechnology and AIs in one of our apocalypse worlds. It was cool. And yes, implanted stuff -- mainly the tech that let you control nano machines. Oh! And it turned out that the Angel's healing touch was a nanotech implant, too.

We've also had a few workshop projects that required implanted gear.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 04:57:25 AM »
In a game I ran the brainer's violation glove was a seed pod thing that implanted itself in his wrist and sent little tendrils out to "violate" people. It didn't get as hentai as it sounds!