Gunlugger's "NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH"

• 5 Replies
Gunlugger's "NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH"
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:09:27 PM »
Just looking at this move:

Why is it that the Gunlugger gets "gang stats" (3-harm, etc), instead of just saying that he acts as a small gang in battle? It seems odd that it wouldn't make any difference what kind of weapon he brings into the battle--after all, he's the Gunlugger, he likes his guns, right?

lumpley

Re: Gunlugger's "NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH"
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:59:10 PM »
Oh, just because gangs' weapons work differently than individuals'. When you stat up a gang, you don't look up stats for its weapons in particular, you decide broadly and overall how good they are. I decided broadly and overall that the gunlugger has good weapons.

If you want to MC it the other way, that's a perfectly good custom move for your home front.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »
Thanks, Vincent!

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:54:27 AM »
So, does this mean that the gunlugger always fights as a gang regardless of how many opponents he faces? For example, if I'm a gunlugger and I attack a single raider, do I inflict 4 harm because I'm a small gang and they are an individual, and I take 1 less harm because of my size. Or does this only apply when fighting other gangs?

Sorry, I'm still kinda new at this and trying to learn. Thanks!

Chroma

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:42:17 AM »
Or does this only apply when fighting other gangs?

It only applies when "in battle"... which is not mechanical, it's a situation determined by the fiction in play, so it can be very fuzzy.

That said, I'd say, in most cases, a one-on-one combat is not a "battle".

It's kinda like obscenity... you'll know it when you see it!  *laugh*

Here's another thread on it:  NTBFW
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »
Chroma, we gotta stop meeting like this. :)

Thanks, that and the link you added really helped me picture this properly. Woot Apoc World!