Nerdinburgh II

• 0 Replies
Nerdinburgh II
« on: October 11, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Scott Dorward and I got to play two games at Nerdinburgh II.

The first was with the original playtest doc, with Scott GMing and me playing, I escaped on the 5th GM card. My character Brad was dying by that point and had resorted to playing dead in a stagnant pool of water to get away. The self-slicing cadaverous ghost had left me alone and I was desperate by then. The one extra thing that we noted was that I couldn't help the ghost -- but we then discovered you'd addressed that a bit in the latest draft. (Aside from the usual stuff that's now taken care of in the latest version.)

The second was with me MCing and Scott playing. We liked the odd/even numbering, but maybe it needs a page on explaining what is in the partner book? You could put the Other Draw and other page numbers info on a spread. We don't to know the exact info for the other player but we do need to know they have something different to us and what sort of things they have.

We liked that the loops were called out explicitly.

Scott was trying to escape pretty hard from the concreting ghost (he was going to put Scott's spelunker in a barrel and fill it up with concrete). Scott "saved" another ghost from drowning in a barrel of concrete but wasn't able to run away or really resolve its issues. I liked the "pick one of the following pages -- they're all good" for my ghosts.

So, in the end he was assaulted by the concreting guy again and he died. Shocking but enjoyable end.

I'll point Scott here to see if he has anything to add.