Ordering Online

• 7 Replies

sage

Ordering Online
« on: September 06, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »
Just wanted to drop a quick note here to remind everyone: While supplies last we are selling Dungeon World Basic (the red book from PAX and GenCon, including playbooks and GM pin) from the Dungeon World web site (http://www.dungeon-world.com/buy/). Thanks for your support!ur support!

Re: Ordering Online
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 11:56:22 AM »
Any clue when we might expect the full version out?

sage

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 11:59:35 AM »
When it's done! Spring to early summer 2012 is a good guess.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »
I just ordered a copy but it never gave me a window for shipping instructions.  Is there a good place to email if I would most certainly like my copy personalized?  Should I send a note to the email address listed on paypal?

sage

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Just send email to gm@dungeon-world.com, sorry about the inconvenience.

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 12:39:32 PM »
Congrats on selling out, in a good way!  Had you planned a print run that included selling some at cons and some online or was the online sale in response to demand from non-con-goers?  Also, how many copies of the Red Book edition are out there now (if I may ask)?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:45:37 PM by mease19 »

sage

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 02:31:03 PM »
Our original plan was print 100 copies, sell some at GenCon, some at PAX, and the rest online. Then GenCon happened and we sold all 100 there, so it was time for a second printing. We did 100 more, sold some at PAX, and put the rest online, where they sold out in about 24 hours (with a flakey web site).

We're not planning on printing any more of the basic game, we want to focus on the finished product. The PDF will be on sale again and we'll keep that going until the full version is out.

Basically the Basic Game was an experiment and an outreach and it's worked wonderfully. We've learned a lot about how to do this, which is good since I think the launch of the full book will be even bigger.

Cneph

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 04:49:07 AM »
Is there some way I can order the DW Basic app and/or Powers for Good #0 as a gift for an iPad-owning friend without having to install the iTunes app on my resolutely non-Apple PC?  The fact that I can't see a way to do this usually simple thing on their website feeds my (ir)rational distaste for the way Apple do business and curbs any desire I have to install their bloatware.  Dungeon-world.com links to same the iTunes non-store.

Thanks for any suggestions.