Most and least popular playbooks?

• 37 Replies
Re: Most and least popular playbooks?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 05:03:23 PM »
Double Hocus? There are rules against that... Also, is the Tombstone actually the Touchstone or something new and fresh?

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »
First game: Quarantine, Hardholder, Savvyhead, Hocus

Second game: Brainer & Chopper
+++THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Ambition knows no bounds.+++

Rogue Trader: Apocalypse

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
Started as Hocus, Chopper, Battlebabe, Angel, Brainer. The Battlebabe became a Skinner, then the Brainer player picked up a Savvyhead, then the Chopper became a Gunlugger.

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 10:41:55 PM »
Played for the first time evar at Go Play NW and it was great.  We had the following:

Hoarder
Savvyhead
Quarantine
Maestro D'
Touchstone

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »
I avoided the Hocus/Chopper/Hardholder and instead played a Driver in the one game I've played thus far, mostly because I was afraid I'd get swamped by NPCs.  I came to regret that, however, because you want to be in the middle of the action right from the get go.  (It turned out OK though because it was a wet setting and having a boat put me in most of the action.)  I think that has to be a common with people not wanting to take on too much their first time with the system.

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
I haven't MC'd or played a single game without someone picking the Brainer. If there is something I associate AW with it's Brainers in scuba gear who use their spearguns to pin people to walls before mindfucking them.

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 07:35:10 PM »
My AW-group hasn't played yet but people pretty much immediately jumped in and grabbed the Savvyhead, the Angel and the Battlebabe.
As far as I can tell it was some kind of "This is so me and my kind of characters"-thing.
a friend in need is a friend indeed

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 10:45:50 PM »
Same game as my earlier post in this thread, thought I'd update:

Mei: Angel => Brainer
Burroughs: Brainer => Operator
Ash: Hocus => Touchstone => Retired
Kite: Battlebabe => Skinner => Retired
Domino: Chopper => Gunlugger => Battlebabe
Whitmont: Savvyhead
Niche: Driver
Luca: Hardholder

Ash's player just retired him, and is going to introduce his Skinner next session. I think the name was Shade.

We've gone through all our playbooks; we've interpreted the "only one Angel" rule as meaning "only one at any given time" as opposed to "only one ever".

Skinner and Brainer definitely seem like the favorite playbooks in our group; I think it's because they have the coolest specials.