Author Topic: GRAPPLING! NOOOO!  (Read 5671 times)

Michael Pfaff

• User
    • View Profile
Re: GRAPPLING! NOOOO!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 07:22:13 PM »
Fairly simple, and seems common enough to be used quite a bit.

Jeremy

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »
Oh, wow, Mease. That's great.

I wonder if you could make it even broader, though? Possibly making it resemble AW's go aggro a little more? For example:

When you force someone to do what you want, roll +Str. On a 7-9, they pick one. On a 10+, they pick two.
they do it
you inflict your damage
they don't inflict their damage to you

...or something like that. Maybe you need more choices to make it more general?

Opens up other custom moves, too. "Sinister: when you make a verbal threat that you can clearly back up, you can force someone using +Cha instead of +Str."  And for the "Grapple" special move: "when you force someone with your bare hands, your victim never inflicts damage on you.". (or "...your victim picks one extra choice.")

Ludanto

• User
    • View Profile
    • DnDorks.com
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
Hmm.  I don't know.  Punching somebody until they do what you want loses some of its edge with Hit Points.

Not only is a single hit not all that convincing most of the time, but it's fictionally meaningless as well.  What's "8 HPs"?  Is that a bruise?  A gash?  Is the guy "roughed up" or is he "bloody and mangled"?

And if it's going to take multiple moves to complete, you might as well just Parley, or H&S to display leverage and then Parley, or just tell they what you want them to do and then H&S them until they do it or die (which is what the move boils down to).

I applaud the creativity.  I just think that this base is already covered.