Double Idle

• 2 Replies

Chris

Double Idle
« on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:42 PM »
Some of the hardholder's stuff can end up with double wants.

As an MC, what do we do with this? Are they just super idle, i.e. American Idle? Or what?
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

Re: Double Idle
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
Hmmm, I wonder where this came from? :)

The 'super' or 'American' idle would present one type of interesting troubles, or else separating out the want based on the option that presented it might make sense.

So, like, in a hardhold with a bustling market and manufactory (just by way of example) would probably have a difference between an idle market and an idle manufactory, with different characters playing in the devil's worskhop, different difficulties and shortages presented and so forth. Plus, keeping it separate that way lets the 7-9 result only apply to one of the idle generating gigs.

Now, a truly bastard MC could always go for both - use the wants separately for 7-9 moves and combine them into a super want on a full out miss :)

Chris

Re: Double Idle
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 04:31:23 PM »
Yeah, that's what I figured. I wasn't sure if one want triggered both or what. Ok. That helps you a lot.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:41:49 PM by Chris »
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"