Playstorm Session Zero: Playbooks

• 3 Replies

Ariel

Playstorm Session Zero: Playbooks
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:33:04 AM »
So! I had the gang over and we hammered on this train wreck for a while making characters and tentative playbooks. It was pretty great! It's late here I'm exhausted from work but I'll write up some stuff soon. We'll be doing Session One on Friday, so world building and shit will happen then. I've lots of work to do!

So far the three playbooks are:

The Sybil is can see the future and scry your memories.

The Mahdi is the leader of a just cause, replete with sleeper cell.

The Envoy talks to the unspeakable Other and survive its listening.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:52:09 PM by Nathan Orlando Wilson »

Re: Playstrom Session Zero: Playbooks
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »
First session went pretty well for hacking bits and pieces together. I've gone through the messageboard and the dropbox, collecting together all the parts I think would be helpful to have collected into a single file for people to look over. I hesitantly would call it a 'rule book'.

If you have rough cuts of the playbooks so far I can put them in as well.

Things missing:
Expanded Info and roll table for [HULL]

Things I think would be very useful for the players:
Either reading over the thread where you and Johnstone discuss in depth what the Field actually is mechanically and thematically, OR (because I suspect I am the only player who is going to read these) finding some way to sumarize that for them. It would clarify greatly and perhaps help us figure out if this envoy is from the mesh or the field, or some combination there of.

If you are going to make playzines printing off at least one copy of the collected rules thus far, so we can pass that around and use it until it becomes ingrained in our heads.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:50 PM »
I know you're basically in Winter Mode at this time, but I'd be interested to see what you did there. Any chance those of us not lucky enough to be in your playtest (i.e., latecomers) could get a glimpse at your playbooks?

Ariel

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:25:29 AM »
The dats are still up in this thread: http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=2079.0.

Don't log that I never scryed fer ya, scraphead.