What is this?
- A intrigue hack based on the court of Louis XVI (called “Uncle Louis”) who was the last French king and was executed in the French revolution. Loius was a well-meaning but indecisive ruler who relied too much on his advisors and was too influenced by the desires of the members of his court.Why do I care?
- You know you love court intrigue and you want to see an AW hack for this.
- It already has an awesomely cool relationship map where you lay out cards.
- AW structure + Fiasco scenes + Diplomacy backstabbing = win.
- You can help hack this and make it fly.Why to play?
- You are so hot right now. Ruthless, ambitious and manipulative with the connections and cash to get what you want.
- The court is ripe for conquest. Normally it would take years to advance, but with a weak king and a tense population, advancement is ripe for the picking.
- Think of the power you could wield. The goal of the game is power, which could be having the power to get the King to do what you want or being the king yourself.
- But time is running out. The revolution is imminent. Can you get a puppet king installed and stop it? Or will you use your sharp words rally the people to storm the palace instead?
- Gently now: don’t twist the tigers tail. Pushing too hard and fast will leave a trail of bodies to fire up the population and get the revolution started.
Stefoid is looking for someone to turn an old Ronnie entry (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B5W32IfgIIkrZTg3OTFlMjYtMDg3MC00YTdkLWFkNjYtNmRhZmFlMzI3YzE4&hl=en
) into an AW hack. From our exchange on Story games (http://story-games.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=14247&page=1#Item_14
) I’m working on this brief
- Improve roleplaying focus with a structured game like AW.
- But with no MC. Which means we need something to “activate” the NPCs.
- Make sure there plenty of intrigue.
- King Louis should be a "capricious bastard".
I want to add this stuff in as well
, but it is not essential:
- Try and make this a game you can play at multiple levels: a “boardgame”, a one shot and a campaign.
- Utilise something like the Master mechanic from my Goblin World hack (http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0
). That is: it should take different approach to influence those above and below you in status.
- I think it can be done without a character sheet.
(Edit: damn hyperlinks)