THE VESSELYou’ve been prepared since birth to be occupied by a supernatural entity. Now you’re out of your cult, and finding out about the rest of the world. Can you escape your doom?
: Frail, Untouched by the sun, Socially awkward, Wallflower, No sense of boundaries or personal spaceEyes
: Wide, Glassy, Bright, Scared. Origin
: The compound, Runaway, Foster parents, The attic, The Cops say you can't be home-schooled anymore.Stats
hot 2 cold -1 steady 2, volatile -1 dark 1
hot 0 cold 2 steady 2, volatile -1 dark -1
hot -1 cold 1 steady 2, volatile 0 dark 1
hot 0 cold -1 steady 2, volatile 1 dark 1You get these these moves for free
: You have recently broken free of (or are beginning to exercise your independence from) an secret religious order. Pick two scary advantages your sect has, and one problem they have when they deal with the outside world:
- Scary Advantages (pick two): magic lore; followers everywhere; influence in the community; integrated in society; well-funded; diligent recruiters.
- Problems (pick one): public suspicion; tradition-bound; short-sighted; paranoid; baroque hierarchy; factionalized; strict rules; total obedience; tyrannical leaders; antiquated gear; poverty.
At the beginning of each session, or whenever there is downtime, roll +Dark to see how your sect will make a move on you. On a 10+ you will know about their move before they make it. On a 7-9, you’ll know about the move, but the biggest threat to you in the sect will gain a string on you.Fate
:You only know the vaguest hints about what you have been raised to become. Pick three tags to describe how your Fate will unfold:
- Sacrifice // Ancient prophecies // Ascension // Death // Can't save everyone // Impossible love // Possesson // Nemesis // Pain // No normal life // Danger to loved ones
: Pick three tags to represent the way you were brought up:
- Purity // Confessionals // Regular incantations // Nudity // Dependence // Stream of consciousness monologue // Praise // Prayer // Dark rituals // Brutal honesty // Self-destruction // Seizures
The Keeper can ask you to take actions (in accordance with the tags) that reflect your training and upbringing – if you do it, mark experience.
Then choose between these two moves:
- Virginal: You get +1 Hot (max +3). If you lose your virginity, lose this bonus
- Knowing: You get +1 Dark (max +3).
Then choose one:Often Overlooked
: You come across as clueless and loopy. When you're in danger of having too much attention paid to you, roll +Steady. On a 10+ choose 2, and on a 7-9 choose 1:
- choose someone who will pay no attention to you during this scene
- gain a String on the person who most wants to know about you
On a miss, the hostile parts of the world will pay particular attention to you this time.Doomed
: When another player-character does something to you that helps fulfill your Fate, they get a String on you.Flee
: When you need to escape, name the route you're trying to use and roll +Volatile. On a 10+ you're out of danger, no problem. On a 7-9 you can go or stay, ... but if you go you'll pass the danger on to someone else. On a miss, you're caught halfway out.The Power of Heart
: when you help the person who has the most Strings on you confront a problem, you help them as though you’d hit the roll with a 10+, and you gain a String on them.
- - - - - - - - -Sex Move
: The person you've just slept with falls under the crosshairs of your sect.
: You return to the embrace of your sect. (Removing your Darkest Self probably has something to do with your friends coming to save you.)