AP: All About the Parents

• 1 Replies
AP: All About the Parents
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
When my player's arrived I had the playbooks set out on the table with some lit candles and a wooden bowl for the dice. Angeline and Leah are real life partners. Ang and I play in a band together and we've done lots of gaming over the years, mostly d20 or this freeform game I wrote called Faerie Blood. Oh, Ang and Leah are both diehard Buffy + Twilight fans.
Ang rolled a Witch named Sal, Leah rolled a Fey named Glass.

I started into the questions, Glass's dad is a truck driver who's gone all the time. Her mom brings boyfriends to the house all the time, including this asshole named buddy who Glass can't stand. Sometimes Buddy and her mom get so loud she can't stick around, so she goes out on walks through the forest nearby.

Sal is the daughter of a couple of microsoft employees, who just moved here from Seattle. She spends a lot of time online talking to other witches about witchy stuff. Oh and her parents, hella christian.

Sal first noticed Glass in Math class. Of course since Glass is a total Fey hottie, Sal fell for her right away. Glass's friends think Sal is a weirdo, and they're pretty much right. Her locker is full of all kinds of weird shit she finds in the woods.

Sal tries to get Glass to notice her, maybe sit together for lunch but Glass brushes her off.

Sal goes home in a pretty foul mood. She goes straight to her room and notices that her screen saver is off. Has someone been using her computer?
Sal is totally pissed, she casts a ring of truth on her parents and ask's them about it. Her dad denies he's been doing anything with her computer, he gets this strange look on his face, "do you hear that buzzing sound?" Sal gets into an argument with her dad and barracades herself in her room, her dad runs after her, she says some not really nice things about jesus, and now he's really pissed. He breaks down the door and starts spanking her.

this triggers her darkest self, she lashes out with a hex that ends up freezing both of her parents.

In the meanwhile Glass goes home to see her dad's truck in the driveway, she goes inside, mom is making dinner, she seems really stressed out, dad is drinking beer and watching tv. Glass heads off to her room where she finds fucking Buddy, stark naked trying to put on a pair of her jeans.
"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" Buddy tries to talk but she's like, "I don't even care." and goes back in the living room to convince her dad to go out and get some ice cream with her.

I'll write the rest later...

Re: AP: All About the Parents
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:11 AM »
My god, this poor abandoned thread. If I could delete it I would.

To complete my half finished thought, I am really interested in the relationship between these monsters and their parents. They are the landscape of Monster Hearts. What do your parents do? Microsoft Employees, Long Haul Truck Drivers, Story Game Designers, I love how the answer to this question totally brings these characters into hard focus for me.
Woah? You're dad's a pastor? You must be f-d up!