Playtest Version: Axe to the Eye

• 2 Replies
Playtest Version: Axe to the Eye
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:36:35 PM »
Finally finished the Playtest version. Thanks to those of you who have been patiently waited for this.

Like a ship, I’ve decided each version should have an appropriate name rather than just a number or date. I’m calling this one “Axe to the Eye” because I want to make some improvements to the layout for next time and I hope we’ll have more art then like Epic Fail’s excellent cover image.

Playbooks PDF:
<<<Link deleted>>>

MC Handbook PDF:
<<<Link deleted>>>

Post any spotted errors and your questions about this version in this threat, so anyone else using it can find them easily.

Feel free to post short AP notes here or start your own thread. Drop in a line with the players names (including the MC) if you want me to add them to the playtest details.

Hope you have as much fun with this as we have over the last couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:33:48 AM by wightbred »

Re: Playtest Version: Axe to the Eye
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »
I love this amigo, I laughed out loud while reading it. Now it is atoss up what gets playtime first, this or Dungeonworld.

Re: Playtest Version: Axe to the Eye
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:53:29 AM »
Glad to hear it. We've found it as much fun to play.

There is one important additional MC move that Epic Fail came up with that we use when playing this that I forgot to include:

-> You are not The Master and ... (make another MC move)

This adds to the list on p116 of AW. It is usually pretty obvious when you should play this, but basically when the players talk smack about how good they are or what they are going to do and fluff it. Often a player will call this out on another.

The importance of this is that it keeps them working on being The Master.

Enjoy!