@TormentedDragon, the “navigate the Lanes” move is simple and evocative. I like it.
I'd change the “takes half as long” option though. 10+ is a strong hit, giving the character exactly what they wanted but no more. (A “better than you were trying for” should only, IMO, be on a 12+.)
You are also omitting a great opportunity for setting-specific bad stuff on a miss!
When you navigate the Lanes
. On a 10+, you get all three. On a 7–9, choose one:
- you get to your destination
- you still have enough fuel to navigate further
- your trip remains incident-free
On a miss, you complete your journey, and the MC chooses one:
- your ship suffers 1-harm [or whatever this hack uses to track ship damage]
- your enemies are waiting for you at the end of your journey
- you took 3× the expected travel time